PTSA President Lisa Dick
Website & Email Submissions
To submit news for this website or for PTSA emails, please send an email to the PTSA president at the above address.
- We require that your submission is able to be copied/pasted into an email or onto our website. On rare occasions, we’ll accept an attachment (e.g., an entry form that people can download).
- Please keep it short! People reading our website or emails have lots to read, so we don’t want to bog them down.
- DON’T WRITE YOUR MESSAGE IN ALL CAPS! WE WILL SEND IT BACK TO YOU TO BE REWRITTEN! WE DON’T WRITE IN ALL CAPS, SO WE WANT TO BE CONSISTENT!
- Please write it in third-person. For example, if this is an announcement on behalf of the “Spartan Spirit Club,” don’t write “We would like for you to support us.” Instead, write “The Spartan Spirit Club would appreciate your support.” That will help people know what’s a PTSA event or project and what’s from another group.
- Please submit your news asap. We don’t send emails on a set schedule, so the sooner you send us your information, the sooner we’ll be able to publicize it. Also, since this work is done by volunteers, it may take some time to get it on the website.
- We have the freedom to edit what we send.
- Please disclose if your announcement is sent on behalf of a for-profit business.
- Please send one announcement, if possible. We’re not eager to spend the time running an updated version of your announcement in each email, or to update the website, as this takes up our valuable volunteer time.
- Please re-read what you send before you send it. It’s no fun when people get mad at us because we copied/pasted/sent out something someone asked us to send out.
- On the other hand, please be patient with us. We’re not perfect either. If we mess up, it isn’t on purpose. We’re just volunteers doing the best we can in addition to our other jobs and responsibilities.
- It’s up to our discretion what we wish to include.
- Please don’t send us requests from Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts to publicize their Eagle or Gold projects. If we do yours, we’d have to do dozens of others.