Welcome to the LCHS PTSA Website!
Dear LCHS Families and Staff Members,
Happy Fall! September has been a busy month and has flown by! The Tailgate party was a big success with families enjoying Habit Burger dinner and connecting with friends followed by an exciting football game against Crescenta Valley High School. The LC Marching Band performed, the Chamber and Concert Choirs opened the game with the National Anthem, the cheerleaders led the fans in cheering on our team, and the football players played hard to beat their rivals at CV! All in all, a fun night for everyone. Check out photos on the LCHS Spartans website: lchsspartans.net.
October is coming up and there is much to look forward to including the Homecoming parade and game on October 14th and the Homecoming dance on October 15th. Red Ribbon Week is also coming up, watch for information coming out in the next few weeks.
We had a great turnout for our PTSA meeting on September 15th – both in person and on Zoom. Mark your calendar for our next general meeting on October 20th at 8:45 am. The Zoom link will be sent out before the meeting.
Please support our students and school by becoming a PTSA member, making donations, signing up for Passive Fundraising, and signing up to volunteer on our website. Please reach out with any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LCHS PTSA President
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization, you can use the same log-in here.
Homecoming Tickets are on sale now!
9/25/2022 2:33 pm
Hoco at the Disco will take place October 15th at LCHS, ticket sales start Monday September 26th and will continue in person and online through October 14th.
****CASH ONLY ACCEPTED FOR ON CAMPUS TICKET SALES****
Week 1 (Online and On campus Monday, 9/26 - Friday 9/30
Price: With ASB: $15, Without ASB: $20
Week 2 (Online and On Campus Monday 10/3 - Friday 10/7)
Price: With ASB: $20, Without ASB: $25
Week 3 (Online and on campus Monday 10/10 - Friday 10/14)
Price: With ASB: $25, Without ASB: $30
If you plan on bringing an off campus guest, start working on your contract NOW! You will not be permitted to purchase a ticket for an off campus guest until the contract has been approved by administration. Guest Contracts need to be submitted no later than 1 week before the event.
All students will be responsible to bring a dance contract to Homecoming. See the attached documents for more information and the contract.Read More
Amazon Wish List for Teachers
9/13/2022 6:42 pm
This year PTSA is starting the Amazon Wish List for Teachers program to replace the Apples for Teachers program.
Each teacher has created a list of basic items that they need for their classroom to make their day-to-day job easier. The link will be posted in their Google Classrooms and on the Teacher Appreciation Program page.
Teachers will update their list throughout the school year. When you buy items from their list, they will be shipped to the school, removed from the wish list and the teacher will be notified. If for any reason you choose to buy it separately, please let the teacher know, so they can remove it from the wish list.
Thank you for supporting our teachers and staff!Read More
8/21/2022 11:03 am
Once you create a Membership Toolkit Account, you will have access to upcoming calendar events, make purchases, sign up to volunteer and much, much more.
Here's what you need to do:
Click on the Register/Login button.
If you already have an account with another organization that uses Membership Toolkit like PCR PTA or LCHS 7/8 PTA, you can use the same email and password to login. You can then proceed to the numbered steps below.
- Select "Create Account" and fill in the name, email, and password information.
- Click "verify my email" and then check your email for a link to complete the process. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam or junk folders.
- Once you have verified your email address, log back in and finish the registration process.
- Complete the Parent/Family and Student Information.
- Complete the Directory/Publish Preferences.
- Once these forms are complete, you will be presented with forms for PTSA Membership, Spirit Wear, and Volunteer Opportunities. All of your Back-to-School needs in one convenient place!
- Once the Primary Account is set up, the Primary User can "invite" other email addresses to access his/her account. This allows the Secondary User to have their own login information, but still have access to the family account.
Questions? - Please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
ATTENDANCE LCHS 9-12
8/14/2022 10:40 am
Message from Attendance Office
Ms. Virginia Gurrola
9-12 Attendance Procedures for signing students out of school during the day
Parents, guardians and 18 year olds, if you are scheduling doctor or personal appointments during school hours, please adhere to the following:
- Please bring a note to the Attendance Office before school so “permit to leave school grounds” can be processed. Note must include:
- I.D. number
- Reason for leaving
- Time to leave
- Signature of parent/guardian or 18 year old
- Upon returning to school, student must return the permit to the Attendance Office with appropriate signature for validation of absence.
- Leaving a message on the attendance line IS NOT permission to leave school grounds.
- Students who leave school grounds without a “permit to leave” will be considered unexcused and subject to disciplinary action that could include Saturday school or suspension.
- Students feeling sick must go to the Health Office and see Miss Hastings.
- It is the responsibility of the parent, guardian or 18 year old to call the Attendance Office the day of the absence. Absences must be cleared within 72 hours, if not, student can be considered unexcused.
School’s automated robo calls go out at 3:30pm, M-F, to those homes of student’s whose absences have not been cleared for the day.Read More
Why join the PTSA?
The La Cañada High School PTSA connects parents to principals, teachers and student leadership by building strong educational partnerships. When you purchase an annual PTSA membership, you become a part of a bigger movement to benefit our kids and support families!
NEW Check-In Policy for Visitors on Campus:
A new safety policy is in place this year - all visitors coming onto the LCHS campus need to sign in at the front office and get a visitor badge before entering the school. This includes everyone going to PTSA meetings and volunteering. Any visitors on campus without a badge may be asked to leave.