ATTENDANCE LCHS 9-12
8/14/2022 10:40 am
Message from Attendance Office
Ms. Virginia Gurrola
9-12 Attendance Procedures for signing students out of school during the day
Parents, guardians and 18 year olds, if you are scheduling doctor or personal appointments during school hours, please adhere to the following:
- Please bring a note to the Attendance Office before school so “permit to leave school grounds” can be processed. Note must include:
- I.D. number
- Reason for leaving
- Time to leave
- Signature of parent/guardian or 18 year old
- Upon returning to school, student must return the permit to the Attendance Office with appropriate signature for validation of absence.
- Leaving a message on the attendance line IS NOT permission to leave school grounds.
- Students who leave school grounds without a “permit to leave” will be considered unexcused and subject to disciplinary action that could include Saturday school or suspension.
- Students feeling sick must go to the Health Office and see Miss Hastings.
- It is the responsibility of the parent, guardian or 18 year old to call the Attendance Office the day of the absence. Absences must be cleared within 72 hours, if not, student can be considered unexcused.
School’s automated robo calls go out at 3:30pm, M-F, to those homes of student’s whose absences have not been cleared for the day.
Why join the PTSA?
The La Cañada High School PTSA connects parents to principals, teachers and student leadership by building strong educational partnerships. When you purchase an annual PTSA membership, you become a part of a bigger movement to benefit our kids and support families!
NEW Check-In Policy for Visitors on Campus:
A new safety policy is in place this year - all visitors coming onto the LCHS campus need to sign in at the front office and get a visitor badge before entering the school. This includes everyone going to PTSA meetings and volunteering. Any visitors on campus without a badge may be asked to leave.